About us - Associated bodies
Some examples of the organisations and bodies that the FSDF is associated with:
- Global Cold Chain Alliance
International grouping of temperature controlled storage organisations. Lead by IARW in the US. We are an associate member only.
- DEFRA Food Chain Emergency Liaison Group
Industry input to Government emergency planning for the food supply chain.
Members: FDF, BRC, IGD, BHA, DEFRA, DTI, Home Office, Cabinet Office.
- Business Advisory Group on Civil Protection
Industry input on threat both malicious and non-malicious – utilities shortages, avian flu, flu pandemic, terrorist activity.
Members: BRC, ABI, Bank of England, FSB, FSA, IGD, FDF, DoH, DfT, Foreign Office, Cabinet Office, DTI, Security Services.
- Warehousing Health and Safety Forum
HSE Stakeholder Group currently developing new HSE Warehousing Safety Guide.
Members: UKWA, Skills for Logistics, Fork Truck Association, BFFF, BRC, Amicus,
- DTI/DEFRA Stakeholder Group on Refrigerants
Stakeholder group for refrigerant legislation implementation.
Members: IoR, ACRIB, FETA, AMDEA, AREA, DEFRA, DTI.
Representative body for refrigeration industry trade bodies.
Members: IoR, FETA, AMDEA, CIBSE, HVCA.
- Flu Pandemic Planning Team
Government/Industry group on flu pandemic planning.
Members: FDF, BRC, Dairy UK, British Poultry, DEFRA.
- BRC Warehousing and Distribution Standard
Steering Group for Standard quality, consistency and development.
Members: BFFF, BRC, UKWA, UK, BSI, CFA, PTF.
- Green Logistics Research Project
EPSRC funded research project – Cardiff, Leeds, Southampton, Weminister, Herriot-Watt Universities.
FSDF on Project Management Board.
- International Cold Chain Technology (ICCT)
Grouping of companies and organisations concerned with refrigerated transport.
Members: Carrier, Thermoking, Shipping Companies, Transfrigoroute UK, CRT, BRA, IARW.
- FSA Stakeholder Group
Industry stakeholder group for meat safety.
Members: DTF, British Poultry, Retail Butchers Association, Abattoir Association, NFU, FSA, MHS.
- Carbon Trust Refrigeration Research Group
Group on developing new research projects and co-ordinating existing projects.
Members: CT, FETA, FSDF Institute of Refrigeration and ACRIB
- Scottish Government Resilience Board – Food
Advisory Board to the Scottish Government on resilience.
- FPERC Research Project into Refrigeration Efficiency
DEFRA funded project led by FPERC Bristol University.
FSDF on Management Board.
- Food Chain Research Network
Research network covering mainly environmental food issues.
Members: Food Manufacturers, Retailers, NGOs.
- KPI Food and Drink Distribution Survey
FSDF advising Scala Consulting on these major surveys in 2007 and 2009.
- Freight Best Practice Programme
Close working alliance with this Department for Transport industry support scheme.