Could you be the next FSDF Future Leader? We are looking for young managers working within the temperature-controlled food logistics industry to represent the UK at the Annual Global Cold Chain Alliance (IARW / WFLO) Convention in the USA.
2017 saw Cavan McKenna of XPO Logistics, and winner of the FSDF Future Leader award, competing for the global title in California, USA against national winners from USA, Australia and South Africa.
The award recognises talented young professionals within the industry who have demonstrated to their employers that they have the potential to make a positive contribution to the development of their business, the wider industry and become future leaders. It is an outstanding opportunity for the UK winner to broaden their industry knowledge and meet with key players from around the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the winner to broaden their industry knowledge and meet with key players from around the world.
Who can enter?
Anyone from any section of the industry including commercial, administration, technical, engineering, accounting, sales, handling, service or management who fulfils the following criteria:
- Aged 35 years or younger on 1st April 2018
- Demonstrates leadership and excellence in their work
- Demonstrates potential to excel further in any of the many facets within the industry
- Worked within the industry for a minimum of 3 years and have a broad knowledge of temperature controlled logistics
- Possesses insight into their organisation’s strategic values and direction, policies and ways of working
- Available to attend the WFLO/IARW Annual Conference from 28th April – 1st May 2018
Applications must contain the following:
- One page resume detailing personal details, employment history and education/formal qualifications/achievements/short courses
- One page submission which clearly describes why the candidate is interested in the industry, their vision for the future of the industry and what winning this award would mean to them.
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which should come from a supervisor, colleague or direct report, which support the candidate’s application and encompass the assessment criteria below.
- Completed application form signed and dated by both the candidate and employer.
Applications will be assessed as follows:
Application & Interview (70%)
- Employment History
- Knowledge of Employer’s Business
- Knowledge of the Industry
- Managerial or Specialist Ability
- Track Record of Excellence
- Future Potential
- Communication Skills
- Personal Attributes (ambition/leadership/drive/independence/initiative)
- Eye Contact
- Personal Presentation
Applications should be sent to FSDF at the address below, marking the envelope “FUTURE LEADER AWARD” or emailed to email@example.com
Food Storage & Distribution Federation | 7 Diddenham Court | Lambwood Hill | Grazeley | Reading | RG7 1JQ
Cavan McKenna, XPO Logistics
Winner 2017 Future Leader
“Winning the FSDF’s Future Leader 2017 has given me a fantastic opportunity to network with leading figures in the UK, European and Global Temperature Controlled Storage industry. Attending conferences in Belgium and California, I’ve been given a chance to present my ideas on the future of the industry to delegates from across the world and make lasting relationships particularly with my fellow national winners from America, Australia and South Africa. I’ve also picked up insights and ideas on the way that we have successfully implemented within XPO Logistics.”
30th November 2017
18th January 2018
Interviews & Presentations
28th April – 1st May 2018
Miami, Florida, USA