Brexit Update – Action That May Be Required for Food Premises


There are a range of actions businesses need to take to prepare for a no deal Brexit – full details of government advice is available in the partnership pack which is being regularly updated (view it here). 

However highlighted is a specific issues related to food storage facilities:

IF you receive ‘controlled’ food products that have originated from outside the EU AND the supply route by which you receive it is first into a non-UK EU port and then on to lorries that bring the product into the UK via Calais/Dover or Eurotunnel THEN you must register your facility with the Animal Plant and Health Authority as a ‘Place of First Arrival’ – Details on this including what constitutes a controlled product and how to register are set out in this advisory note