Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
All industries, large and small, will be impacted by Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
Last year, the UK saw 137 workers killed in the workplace, 92 members of the public killed through work-related activities and countless people suffering from work-related health conditions or injuries.
It specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system and includes guidance for use.
Who is this standard for?
Any organization, regardless of its size, type and activities that wants to:
- Establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate or minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities
- Continually improve its OH&S performance and the achievement of its OH&S objectives
- Assure itself of conformity with its OH&S policy
- Demonstrate conformity with the requirements of the standard
Why should you use this standard?
- It tackles a global need to improve the occupational health and safety of people working in organizations
- It enables organizations to provide safe and healthy working conditions that prevent work-related injury and ill health, and proactively improve the organization’s OH&S performance
- It includes how to develop and implement an OH&S policy and objectives which take into account applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes
- It takes into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties
- It is designed to align with other key management systems standards such as ISO 9001 quality management and ISO 14001 environmental management for ease of integration
Available through BSI – https://www.shop.bsigroup.com/?_ga=2.122831627.1869159929.1527596388-268063091.1526374402